22 May 2015

BEAUTY DIY: COFFEE BODY SCRUB


This is one DIY that's easy, energizing and eco-friendly. Not only does the coffee stimulate your skin (and tackle cellulite, they say), the coconut oil is an all-natural moisturizer that will make your skin glow. I particularly like to use it right before shaving my legs, to keep them lasting smoother longer!

Combine 5-6 tablespoons of finely ground coffee grinds with 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil. Adjust oil based on preference. You can even add in sugar (though beware of attracting bugs to your shower!) or salt to amp up the exfoliating power, or some cinnamon for its antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. If you make this with used coffee grinds, be sure to completely dry out the grinds first. Store any leftover scrub in an airtight container.

Et voila, no need to ever buy store-bought body scrub again.

p.s. - I think the coffee grinds can be a bit harsh for facial skin, so I usually stick to using this on my body and use something gentler for my face.

(Photo from Free People)


No comments:

Post a Comment