03 May 2015

NATURAL DIY FOR GLOWING, CLEAR SKIN

A few weeks ago, as the weather in Bangkok was transitioning to the sticky, humid summer we're currently in, the skin on my face went haywire. I normally have pretty well-behaved skin, but the humidity plus the polluted air and work-driven stress was too much. I felt like a teenager again!

Instead of reaching for my tube of Clearasil like usual (which turned out to be two years expired), I started researching natural remedies for battling acne. The number one recommended product was Raw Apple Cider Vinegar. Who knew? Good for salad dressings and your face.

I purchased HealthyMate's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother of Vinegar, which is important because that's the key active ingredient. By diluting the ACV with water (3 parts water, 1 part ACV), I created a 100% natural "toner" that I dabbed onto problem areas of my face with a cotton pad. I'll admit, the smell is a bit weird at first. I vaguely started craving salad. But the smell fades after awhile.

After three days of this routine, my skin was not only visibly clearer, but also seemed to be more glow-y than usual. Consider me an ACV convert. I don't use this every day but now when my skin starts acting up, I head to the kitchen pantry first!

**If you're interested in trying diluted ACV on your skin, please test a small patch first. If your skin is sensitive, try diluting the mixture further and washing it off after 10 minutes of treatment. **

No comments:

Post a Comment